My photo
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
Karen is a yogini, writer, student, teacher and meditator. She founded Garden Street School of Yoga in 2000. Karen lives with her husband Chris. They have two amazing sons, Eli and Leo (both of them young men).

Jan 30, 2019

Off to India

I am off to India!!
But right now I am still on the ground at the airport on the first of 3 lay-overs.
This morning, leaving the house, felt like moving through a dream-scape.
I finished packing of course but also paid extensive attention to every small detail of the house....leaving it tidy and clean and beautiful. I always do this when I leave for any length of time. It feels like a necessary ritual, an act of devotion to my home - which is a living breathing entity. I like to offer it my attention and gratitude before leaving it (and hoping to come back to it and to Chris in a month from now).
The dream-scape feeling was also coming from the contrast between "here" and "there"....It is verrrry cold here and I am going to where it is verrry warm. It is quiet and orderly and peaceful in my home and where I am going IT IS SO LOUD......
I went to India 10 years ago with my older son Eli, and I stayed for two months. Yesterday I finished rereading my blog posts from that time, which definitely refreshed my sensory memory about the intensity of the heat, humidity, mosquitoes, noise, pollution etc.  Nevertheless right now I feel like I have never been there before. I don't have big expectations.  I do hope to draw on adequate or good physical and emotional endurance. We'll see.
My main aim is to gently open to and lean into whatever India offers. And I want to LISTEN;  to be a wide-open, devoted and diligent student to Mother India.

No comments:

Post a Comment