My photo
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
Karen is a yogini, writer, student, teacher and meditator. She founded Garden Street School of Yoga in 2000. Karen lives with her husband Chris. They have two amazing sons, Eli and Leo (both of them young men).

Feb 6, 2010

Loaves and Fishes

It's been a great week.  We have had so much sunshine here this winter.  And the studio just fills up with it.  My battery got re-charged, practicing and teaching in all that light and taking walks outside.

I also got re-charged because this week I taught just my normal schedule.  I felt like I was on vacation after the crunch I organized for myself in January.  Yesterday I went to Alesha's restorative class.  She is so talented.  I've never had a real flair for teaching restorative Yoga.  Alesha has turned it into an art form.  I had planned to come home afterward and work but I felt so happy and spacious and relaxed that instead I came home, had a nice dinner, had a long visit with Chris and Eli (Leo was out on a date).  I guess I didn't need that work time so much as I thought.

But tonight I do have to work a little to finish my prep for tomorrow - Sunday - as I will be I teaching the last of my days at the Yoga School of Spokane.  That is a GREAT group and I'll be sad to be finished.  (But not sad to not be working on Sundays). Teaching a group of students who do not practice Anusura Yoga (these are mainly Ashtanga vinyasa students) has been a really good reminder to me of the brilliance of the Anusara method and it's message.  The Universal Principles of Alignment are so reliable and brilliant and applicable that they create unification of knowledge rather than dissection.  And the message that always comes with Anusara did what it always does - it touched a deep and resonant place in people's hearts, minds and bodies......I mean the message that tells us that at the ground of our being we are intrinsically whole, that we are Light embodied, that we are, in essence, good.  I swear, every time I bring that theme into a new group it's like I'm bringing water into a dessert.  It reminds me of David Whyte's poem, Loaves and Fishes......
This is not the age of information.
This is not
the age of information.
Forget the news,
and the radio,
and the blurred screen.
This is the time of loaves
and fishes.
People are hungry,
and one good word is bread
for a thousand.

No comments:

Post a Comment