My photo
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
Karen is a yogini, writer, student, teacher and meditator. She founded Garden Street School of Yoga in 2000. Karen lives with her husband Chris. They have two amazing sons, Eli and Leo (both of them young men).

Dec 7, 2009

It's Monday night - just a quick update.

Chris's mom returned home last Wednesday and we missed her even before her plane took off. Chris left for a meditation retreat with Paul Muller Ortega on Thursday morning. Missing him. And Brandie - my long time friend - came on Saturday and just left this evening. Missing her.

Mixed in with all this visiting and missing was a lot of eating. I love preparing food for people i love.

We had a great teacher meeting at the studio on Saturday. The Garden Street teachers are the BEST. Meeting with them is one of my favorite things. Another favorite thing I got to experience twice over the weekend was spending time with Brandie at the studio - cleaning a little and practicing a lot. I am still blown away -after 9 years - at how beautiful the studio spaces are - both spaces are southern facing and are flooded with light and Shakti. It still takes my breath away sometimes. When I am there and busy being the teacher I don't notice the beauty as much. I love going in at other times and just being there.

The upcoming week is almost "normal" - We're working with shoulders and the lats.....I'm percolating a theme tonight - and will put it all together with a sequence in the morning.

But now I'm off to meditate and then read and then sleep. Lucky & lovely end to the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment