My photo
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
Karen is a yogini, writer, student, teacher and meditator. She founded Garden Street School of Yoga in 2000. Karen lives with her husband Chris. They have two amazing sons, Eli and Leo (both of them young men).

Nov 2, 2009

Good Weekend

Christina Sell was here to teach an excellent workshop at Garden Street Yoga this weekend. We were sold out.

She did an excellent job of bringing her energy and humor and intelligence to the teaching of asana here. She is a great teacher and she taught to an amazing community of students and practitioners. Really I feel so proud of us - of our studentship and of our good spirit.

I loved a lot of things about the workshop and I would like to list them all out but, since I started teaching a week long Immersion this morning, I think I had better edit this post to the shorter side. I loved her workshop. And I don't exactly love every workshop. I have grown quite picky. Enough said.

It was great spending time with such a good friend. We share the same asana teacher (John), and the same spiritual teacher (Lee) and have about 10 years of history together "growing up" with the Ansuara style after being in the Iyengar style of Yoga. She has always been one of my favorite people.

And - we made some plans to teach Immersions and Teacher Trainings together in 2010 and 2011 - We are very different types of people with quite different strengths so I know it is going to be great for the students - Really great.

OK - off to do some prep. The intensive schedule of this week is a lot for all involved but this is an awesome group. People are over from Montana and down from Canada and from far and wide in Idaho. We are on our way together. I think today everyone was a little tired - or maybe it was just me. After the big energy of the weekend workshop it was a little tricky to move into the Immersion study format. But we made out of the gates and we are off and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment