My photo
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
Karen is a yogini, writer, student, teacher and meditator. She founded Garden Street School of Yoga in 2000. Karen lives with her husband Chris. They have two amazing sons, Eli and Leo (both of them young men).

Aug 14, 2008

Corners of The Eyes


"Soften the corners if your eyes" has been my most frequent instruction for these past several days of the Summer Morning Intensive. Soften the corners of your eyes. Open to Grace. Be permeable to Radiance.

Maybe some of the participants would argue that my most frequent instruction has been "engage your adductors" - fire up your upper inner thighs. They might be right. But I like to contemplate "soften the corners of your eyes" more than I like to ponder engaging my adductors.

Today we added in a lot of awarness of softening through the region of the kidneys and moving from the back body. It never fails to surprise me how deep a sense of rest and refuge comes from that simple remembrance. It is such an accessible way to Source oneself - or to re-Source oneself. I imagine more of that theme will be coming through in the days ahead.

Terri asked me to send out a re-cap of the "61 points" practice we have been doing before Savasana. Here is a good link: http://www.swamij.com/online61.htm
When I lead the "61 points" I sometimes choose to have people come back to the Heart Center and dwell there a bit, rather than finish at the third eye.


1 comment:

  1. I've missed your posts! I'm definitely with you in spirit on your Summer Morning Journeys into the Soft Inner Corner of the Eye of the Tiger!

    We've just got to get some of that action going here in Moscow. I'd love to get some info on the sequencing of an eye of the tiger practice, having never done one.

    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete