My photo
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
Karen is a yogini, writer, student, teacher and meditator. She founded Garden Street School of Yoga in 2000. Karen lives with her husband Chris. They have two amazing sons, Eli and Leo (both of them young men).

Oct 12, 2011

On the Other Side of the Wormhole

I am in the thick of things with my work life. Last weekend I taught Immersion on Saturday and Joy Ride - aka Advanced Immersion - on Sunday. (Amazingly great groups. I am humbled and VERY grateful).

After Joy Ride I drove into Spokane to visit Mom and Dad.  Driving home afterwards, I was SO tired I thought I would have to pull over. But once again I proved to myself that chanting really can bring me a strong energetic lift.  As I drove and chanted my energy slowly rose - like water in a decidedly dried up well.  I came home to have a nice dinner (thanks to Chris who cooked it) with Eli, Leo and Emmanuelle (Eli's sweetheart). The good dinner and good company also did a lot towards filling the well.

Nevertheless, I wasn't too happy - but also was not surprised -  to spend Monday and Tuesday feeling deadly low.  I was too tired and I don't like being tired.  In fact I hate it.  Monday and Tuesday were "the Wormhole".

Today is Wednesday, I have come out the other side of the wormhole and life is good in this part of the galaxy. My energy is back, which is a good thing because our 3 day workshop with Ross Rayburn starts this Friday. A workshop - as always - is a lot to pull together - a lot of work and a lot of details. But it is worth it.  It strengthens our community. It seems to me that the local Yoga community gets cross-pollinated, strengthened and brightened by visiting teachers and visiting students (we have many ongoing friendships with fellow students from the surrounding states and Canada who come for some of the Garden Street workshops).   We get to be all together is a good space, with good company and good teaching. Usually there's chocolate on the premises.  And we spend the weekend playing (and working) in our bodies. There are not many better ways to spend time - in my biased opinion.

For me personally - once a workshop starts - the bulk of my managerial and secretarial work is done.  I have crossed the 10,000 things off my list and I come out the other side of the wormhole.  I get to be a  student, spend the weekend in good company, deepen in practice and widen my happiness. Life is good in this part of the galaxy. And in fact I get stronger in my capacity to go through the inevitable next wormhole without completely losing perspective that "its just a wormhole".

[On a side note: I  wish there were some good new SciFi around - like Battlestar Galactica. I need to refresh my vocabulary and imagery of wormholes and such.]

Thanks for reading. See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment