My photo
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
Karen is a yogini, writer, student, teacher and meditator. She founded Garden Street School of Yoga in 2000. Karen lives with her husband Chris. They have two amazing sons, Eli and Leo (both of them young men).

Mar 19, 2011

Super Moon

It's Saturday night and its equinox and there's a "super moon" in the sky.  We are near the end of an Anatomy and Therapeutics workshop with Martin Kirk.  It has been excellent.  Martin is a great teacher....funny, smart and kind.  Thanks to him and to the good company around me this weekend, and to the luxury of being "just" a student, I have fallen in love all over again with Anatomy and with Anusara.    It's like I have been spending an entire weekend with my best friends, looking into my favorite subjects......(And I call this my job!!)

The workshop was completely full - and redefined what "full house" means - I now know that Garden Street studio can accommodate 40 people on mats. It was so fun.  And inspiring.   Martin's teaching is stellar....really excellent.

Right now I am waiting for the boys to Skype from India.

This short post is a sort of adios since my mom has stabilized and I am therefore off to the desert for my 2 week solo retreat. My bags are packed - and the desk is cleared (miracle).  The auto-reply on the e-mail is "on".  All I have to do now is wait for my beautiful sons to call. But Ma India is very unpredictable - likes to do things like cut the power just when we were going to Skype. So all I really have to do now is expand with gratitude for my life and be a radiant connection to and reflection of the "super moon" up in the sky tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment