My photo
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
Karen is a yogini, writer, student, teacher and meditator. She founded Garden Street School of Yoga in 2000. Karen lives with her husband Chris. They have two amazing sons, Eli and Leo (both of them young men).

Aug 31, 2010

Genius

I've been spending my mornings at Patricia's - being the recipient of her skillful Ayurvedic rejuvenatory treatments - panca karma. I am feeling clearer, more grounded and stronger. She is a genius. Which brings me to the title of the post - genius. In my last post I said Christina was a genius at certain skills and I was a genius at others. And then I got embarrassed for calling myself a genius and edited it out. The whole process of slapping myself on the hands (that typed genius) and then contemplating that reaction made me decide to look into the word "genius". I found plenty of definitions - thanks to Google - but here's the one I'm going with: "In ancient Roman religion, the genius was the individual instance of a general divine nature that is present in every individual person, place or thing". Yeah - like that. I'm a genius. You too.

No comments:

Post a Comment