My photo
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
Karen is a yogini, writer, student, teacher and meditator. She founded Garden Street School of Yoga in 2000. Karen lives with her husband Chris. They have two amazing sons, Eli and Leo (both of them young men).

Jul 12, 2010

End of the Middle

Last night we finished up the second of our three weeks of summer teacher training. As Tom put it - we reached the end of the middle of the beginning. Getting there was intense - a pressure cooker. Everyone got well-cooked. The suddenly hot weather just added to the heat in the chamber. There were quite a few melt-downs but everyone stayed the course.

Yesterday, when everyone did their final demo teaching for this session, I was so happy and grateful to see and hear these teachers standing much more firmly in themselves than last session. They skilfully taught from a place of remembrance - stayed in their feet and in their hearts. AND - they had such a better handle on the discreet teaching skills that we've been working on. Our next week is in August so people will have plenty of time to process, assimilate and practice . Most of these teachers are quite experienced and are actively teaching - so they will have plenty of opportunity to practice between now and August.

Back to the "suddenly hot weather".....I was more aware than ever that I am not separate from my environment. I mean, the AC did not make a difference. Not really. The heat outside became the heat inside the chamber and inside me......As I felt heat (pitta) rising I kept hearing Patricia's Ayurvedic counsel: "Pacify Pitta. And fennel is your friend". So when I finally got done cleaning up - instead of going home to pick a heat-induced fight with Chris, I decided at the last minute to go jump in the lake. Bliss. Coolness. I can't believe I ever agreed to live anywhere that didn't have lakes everywhere.

Now for a small pitta-esque comment: I am increasingly irritated by the multiple blog comments in Chinese (or is it Korean). I put a filter on to block spam....so apparently these are not spam because they have increased since the filter. So I decided to block comments to this blog for awhile. I get the most thoughtful comments mainly by e-mail anyway. Thanks for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment