My photo
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
Karen is a yogini, writer, student, teacher and meditator. She founded Garden Street School of Yoga in 2000. Karen lives with her husband Chris. They have two amazing sons, Eli and Leo (both of them young men).

Jun 17, 2008

Iyengar and Anusara and Me

Sunday I went to the Yoga School of Spokane to begin weaving myself in and meeting the students before I teach there. It was Ally Rubin's day to teach. What an excellent day of teaching. Ally is a master at teaching the Iyengar Style (although she decided not to "become an Iyengar Teacher.") Her presentation was elegant and articulate, incorporating everything I love about Iyengar Yoga - basically, "God is in the details." I appreciated her slow and meticulous approach to Tadasana, Supta and Utthita Pad. & Trikonasana - a great example of "Less is More."
Namaste,

No comments:

Post a Comment